Kaleidoscope Education Solutions (KES) is looking for Special Education Teachers for an opportunity with our client located in Aston, PA.
In this role you will be responsible for providing care to developmentally disabled individuals to promote emotional and social growth in a school setting.
- Plan and implement a program of study that meets the individual needs, abilities and interests of all students assigned to the class.
- Create a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interest of the student.
- Guide the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals and - in harmony with the goals - establishe clear objectives for all lessons, units, projects and the like, to communicate these objectives to students.
- Strive to implement by instruction and action the District’s philosophy of education and instructional materials.
- Assist in the selection of books, equipment, and other instructional materials.
- Establish and maintain cooperative relations with others.
- Perform such tasks and assume such responsibilities as directed by the Principal.
REQUIRED SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree with a record of personal, professional, and/or academic achievement
- Teacher certification - completed or in process
- Demonstrated expertise in subject area
- Commitment to and experience working with underserved communities
- Determination to drive student achievement and set high expectations for all students
- The ability to motivate, support, and challenge students in a student-centered, standards-driven classroom community
- A positive mindset and a drive for personal excellence
- Solutions-oriented resiliency to respond positively and effectively to challenges
- Outstanding instructional skills driven by data and delivered through rigorous and engaging strategies
By working as a contractor with us, you get to pick which assignments are best for your schedule. We offer flexible per-diem schedules to 40-hour schedules. You provide us with what your availability is, and we will match you with work.
Kaleidoscope Education Solutions (KES) is a leading referral agency of special education professionals and school-based therapy providers. We currently refer professionals to approximately 700 school districts and agencies, and we consult with thousands of educational professionals and facilities nationwide. The professionals we refer consistently enhance and improve delivery of special education and therapy services, and provide dynamic results for the students and school districts.