I. JOB SUMMARY/RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responsible for the development, implementation and evaluation of orientation and other educational programs for employees in Patient Services, The Queen's Health Systems, and the community.
II. TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
• Essential: finger dexterity, seeing, hearing, speaking.
• Continuous: sitting, static gripping of an object for prolonged periods.
• Frequent: walking.
• Occasional: standing, stooping/bending, climbing stairs, walking on uneven ground, lifting and carrying usual weight of 1 pound up to 5 pounds, reaching above, at and below shoulder level, frequent gripping of an object.
• Operates computer, calculator, telephone, fax and printer.
Additional Physical Demands for Behavioral Health:
• Continuous: lifting up to ½ lb.
• Frequent: standing, pushing and pulling up to 30 pounds of force, lifting up to 10lbs, sitting, bending.
• Occasional: pushing and pulling up to 50 pounds of force; horizontal lift/carry up to 50 pounds with assistance, floor to waist up to 35 lbs., waist to should up to 25 lbs., crouching, bending, kneeling, overhead reaching.
• Operates various machines, tools, work aids.
III. TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
• Exposed to both inside and outside environmental conditions.
• Exposed to moving mechanical parts, chemicals, communicable diseases, and body fluids.
• Working environment is sometimes stressful due to workload.
• Frequently works on multiple tasks and priorities at one time.
IV. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
A. EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION AND LICENSURE:
• Bachelor's degree in Nursing.
• Master's degree in Nursing or related health field preferred.
• Current Hawaii State license as a Registered Nurse.
• Evidence of ongoing continuing education.
• Current certification in CPR at Healthcare Professional level. ACLS may be required, depending on area of support.
• For Perinatal Services:
o Must obtain Electronic Fetal Monitoring certification within six (6) months of entrance into the position and maintain status.
o Must obtain Instructor certification within one (1) year of entrance into the position and maintain status.
• Three (3) years recent nursing experience in an acute care facility.
• One (1) year experience in an education position preferred.
• Evidence of leadership and communication abilities.
FOR OPERATING ROOM:
• Three (3) years experience in operating room nursing with specialty service background in acute OR.
• CNOR preferred and required within six (6) months.
• Experience with Periop 101 training preferred.
FOR BEHAVIORAL HEALTH:
• Three (3) years acute care nursing experience of which two (2) years must be as an inpatient psychiatric nurse.
FOR PERINATAL SERVICES:
• Three (3) years recent labor and delivery experience. Five (5) years labor and delivery experience preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet