If you are reading this you probably have already made a mess of your efforts to work at home. Please be aware that this is an attempt to tell it to you as it is. This is not for the feint of heart. That is probably why you got in trouble trying to work from home to begin with. This is where you find out what you are doing wrong, and what you can do to change it.
Here are ten reasons your not smart enough to work at home and what you can do to turn yourself into a self made work at home success story.
1. You’re a sucker – That’s right, you fall for every get rich quick scheme that comes along. Don’t listen to that nonsense that you can make thousands of dollars a week doing nothing. In most cases the only one getting rich here is the con artist selling you that get rich quick pitch. Start to use your head and learn to rely on the instincts that got you this far in your life. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Don’t be a sucker.
2. You’re not computer literate – Join the club. That’s how most people start out on the Internet. If you nine-year-old child or grandchild can operate a computer, and navigate their way around the Internet so can you. Get some free lessons from your kids or friends. You don’t need to know that much to get started. The rest you can learn as you go.
3. You freeze up – Are we talking sexually or when you have to follow a command on the Internet? What did you do when your boss at work told you to do something? Did you freeze up or try and accomplish the task set out for you.
4. You keep reading – And reading and reading. There is so much information out there that it is confusing you. You don’t know what to believe. Start doing something. Experience will win out over reading about it time after time. Take some action.
5. You can’t decide – Is your problem you can’t decide what to have for lunch, or what business to go into working at home? Try and find something that you like to do, something that fits in with your interests and hobbies. Make a decision.
6. What do you sell – Who said you had to sell anything. Maybe you should give your information away and rely on pay per click income or affiliate sales once you create traffic to your site, or maybe you just want to sell the Web site or blog because due to the brilliant information you are dispensing you are getting a lot of traffic. Get some traffic first.
7. You have no Web site – You can find someone to put it up for you called a Web master or you can get an affiliate site to sell other people’s products for very little, or you can start a blog, which you can do without knowing any html. Setting up a blog is as simple as painting by the numbers. Give yourself a voice on the Internet. Set up a blog.
8. You don’t have an address- Do you mean you are homeless or you don’t have a domain name? If it is the former you are going to have real problems working from home. If it is the later you can buy one for a few dollars. First decide what you want to offer. Some people have even set up online businesses working from Internet public access from the library. Stop using excuses.
9. You don’t have a product – You do, but you don’t know what it is yet or how to make it. Somewhere rolling around in your mind is the knowledge to make an information product in the form of an e-book you can sell or give away to get more traffic to get people to buy something else. You are the product.
10. You’re not organized – Now you are starting to tell the truth. Make a list of things you need to do to start your own work at home business. What you need is a plan and some good advise. Would you change jobs without a plan or checking out what you are doing with someone you trust? Get an organizer and use it to make a plan.
Starting to work at home on the Internet is only going to work if you employ the skills that got you to this point in your life to begin with. It doesn’t matter if you are a stay at home parent, a retired Baby Boomer, or recently kicked out of a shrinking work force. Working at home in your own business, you are the new boss. You set your on hours, come up with your own products, and market your ideas on the Internet based on your knowledge, skills, and willingness to learn new things. If you do this right, plan it out, and rely on yourself and sound advice to find the right answers, you will be become smart enough to be successful working from home. Now let’s get started.